Our structural design team have a record of providing structural engineering solutions that respond to clients needs, architectural design, schedule of project and the budget.
We provide complete civil and structural consulting services, including analysis and design, obtaining authorities approval for building permits, preparing specifications as per project needs, value engineering and construction administration.
Our projects include new construction, additions and renovations with a variety of structural systems, materials and their availability and selecting contractors as per the size, budget and schedule of project.
Concrete is the most common structural element using in this region and has more advantage compare to others. We are providing structural design of concrete structures based on the need of project, mostly residential & commercial buildings.
We are able to provide steel structural design services for different type of projects mostly industrial. Based on the project budget and time schedule, choosing steel structure might be better option instead of traditional systems.
Our senior structural engineer was involved in some of the first pre-fab steel structures in Dubai with a prestigious developer in town and project was done successfully. Pre-fabricated steel structures giving more option for future plans.
OUR TEAM BALANCE A SOUND KNOWLEDGE OF TRADITIONAL DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES WITH THE ABILITY TO CREATE INNOVATIVE AND SAFE BUILD ABLE SOLUTIONS WHICH FULFILL CLIENT AND ARCHITECTURAL VISION OF THE PROJECT.
The main concern at the time of designing structural part of a project is to choose the structural system for the building matching architectural and MEP requirements with the project budget and schedule.
Majority of buildings in this region are structurally made from concrete. Concrete buildings offer many safety advantages over steel structures. Concrete can endure very high temperatures for longer periods compare to steel structures and offers excellent protection from corrosion.
However, steel is one of the most widely used material for construction since 18’s. Every material has some benefits as well as flaws. it totally depends on the type of design, budget, availability of material and weather condition.
In palace engineering consultants, we are able to analyse, design and supervise different type of structures, with a group of chartered structural engineers certified by Dubai Municipality.
ADVANTAGE OF STEEL
- High strength and stiffness per weight.
- Fast and easy erection and installation.
- Ease of fabrication and mass production.
- Substantial elimination of delays due to weather.
- Nonshrinking and noncreeping at ambient temperature.
- Formwork unneeded.
- Uniform quality.
DISADVANTAGE OF STEEL
- Maintenance cost, corrosion in exposed areas.
- Less resistance against fire compare to concrete.
- Fire proofing cost is extremely high.
- Brittle, under certain conditions will lose its ductility.
- Unflexible sections, can not be mold in any direction.
- Has high expansion rate in changing temperatures.
- Fixed size sections mad it expensive for transportation.
- Energy intensive to produce.
ADVANTAGE OF CONCRETE
- Low cost compare to steel structures.
- Good safety (compare to its price).
- Weathering and fire resistance benefit.
- High compressive strength. (good for lower earthquake zones)
- Material availability.
- Wide Workers availability & easy workmanship (operation).
- Easy maintenance & lower maintenance cost.
DISADVANTAGE OF CONCRETE
- Seasonally operateable cold/hot weather areas.
- Lower tensile strength.
- Not recommended in high earthquake zones.
- Larger structural sections. (columns, beams, etc.)
- Weak architectural design flexibility.
- Non Recycle-able.
- Heavy self weight structure.
- Low safety due to heavy weight.
Site supervision is mandatory to implement structural design at site for accrue construction to ensure the quality of structure for long term sustainability and safety of users.
Our supervision team in Palace engineering consultants are aware of the importance of the site supervision to make sure execution works are as per the codes, approved drawings and authorities rules and regulations in UAE.
We are pleased to be a third party quality control of some of UAE developers to control their under construction project to ensure the quality of construction works.
What is included
Based on nature of project, availability of structural materials in the market and client’s budget the type of building structure will be decided.
Sub-structure as the base of each building has the main rule, depends on the soil profile and type of project will be designed as per loads from main structure.
As per type of structure system, structural elements of building will be design based on architectural layouts and projects needs with an economical design consideration.
As per Dubai municipality or other authorities (depends on location of project) in Dubai, we are able to submit and get structural design approvals from authorities.
Preparing structural technical specifications for tendering and to chose a professional contractor who is able to provide quality construction works.
To achieve high quality and safe structure a powerful site supervision is mandatory and our supervision team are monitoring construction activities even for small projects.